Tuesday, January 15, 2013

ACTION! ACTION! ACTION!


“You don't get anywhere by standing on the sidelines waiting for somebody else to take action. Whether it's building a better widget or building a better future for our children, we all have a role to play. That's the challenge. It's a call to 'Action' for people who, like me, believe in people. It's not too late, but it may be getting pretty close for some of us. Go Ahead, Dare to be Amazing! The future is very bright if you do!!

This is a quote that I wrote many years ago as a challenge to attendees of a workshop I was teaching. My goal was to incite action in them. And that is my goal today in sharing it with you.

See, here’s the thing. Waiting for someone else to make you successful is a game you can’t win. Nobody cares more about your goals … your career … your success than you. Nobody! I hate to break it to ya, but choosing to take action is the only way to make change possible. Electing to do things differently is your decision – it IS a choice!

And your choice is this – either take action on moving towards the goals you want – OR – accept where you are at right now. Which “A” do you choose as your future – action or acceptance? Choose carefully.

Taking action comes in many forms. You can go back to school, apply for a new job, start a business, go to your first Weight Watchers meeting, ask for a raise, call an old friend, volunteer for a new committee, or whatever will light that fire inside of you. So, what action can you take today that will make an amazing difference in your life?

When I started Dare To Be Amazing one year ago, I first started with a decision to take action. I chose to create a new career that leverages my passions and experiences as well as my belief in people. I decided not to accept where I was – I wanted something more. And something more is exactly what I have achieved. I absolutely love working with my clients and seeing them achieve simply amazing things. I am thrilled I took action!

Dare to boldly take action and to adopt new habits – for today, tomorrow, next week or next year – and I promise you will indeed be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment