Monday, April 15, 2013

I Will Never, Ever Understand What Happened in Boston


For many reasons, Monday’s are usually my favorite day of the week. One of the reasons is that I spend many Monday evenings writing the Simply Amazing newsletters. I love the challenge of writing inspirational content and sharing some stories. And I am motivated by the reactions shared by the readers.

Today was like every other Monday until 2:50 PM. At that moment, our country was once again forever impacted by the actions of terrorists. This time ground zero was the finish line of the marathon in Boston, MA. Lives were lost, other lives were irreparably changed and a nation is again lost for words after the inexplicable actions of some low life thugs.

Today I dedicate this issue of Simply Amazing to those who were so deeply affected by today’s tragedy and the heroes and heroines who were there to make a difference in this time of need. It makes sense to focus our thoughts and prayers their way today.

See, here’s the thing. I will never, ever, never understand why and how a human can execute such a gutless action on innocent people. It makes me wonder about the future viability of the human race. I’m just sick. I just don’t get it.

My friend Don was running in the Boston marathon today to celebrate a great milestone in his life. I have been thinking about him all afternoon and evening. Don, I hope you are safe my friend. We are praying for you.

In times like this, I find myself evaluating what is important in my life and what is just fluff. I am blessed in so many ways and today’s events work to melt away what I see as problems and obstacles. I had the best day of my life compared to those in Boston at that finish line and I can’t ever forget that.

That’s the way I feel. I suspect that many of you are also deeply affected by these senseless acts of terrorism. Sure works to remind us to live every day like we mean it. To live every day like it’s our last. And to stop saying that we will chase our dreams tomorrow.

Live for today for you may not get another chance. Make a commitment today to reach for the ring and make change possible.

Across the miles and oceans and cultures, join me in holding hands throughout cyberspace and say a prayer for our brothers and sisters impacted by the bombs in Boston. And let’s not forget to support those men and women working to find the answers and bring justice to those who acted with complete disregard today. May God bless them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment